Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dairy Free Banana Blueberry Muffins


This is a recipe in my quest to create dairy free healthy snacks from my son and I. I used a Martha Stewart recipe as a base and changed a bunch of stuff. I hope you enjoy them as my son and I do....and my hubby gobbled them up too. He is always making fun of my dairy free concocations:)

Banana Blueberry Muffins
Yields 7 dozen mini muffins

1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 Cups Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce-I use homemade pear apple sauce
2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Ripe Banana
3/4 Cup Frozen Bluberries
1/2 Cup Rice Milk with a splash of white vinegar

Preheat oven to 350. Coat mini muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a mixer bowl beat the eggs, sugar and applesauce on low speed until well combined. Beat in the flour muxture . Add the vanilla, banana, rice milk and blueberries, and beat to combine.

Divide batter evenly between your mini muffin pans. You will likely have to do several batches. Bake rotating pans after 8 mins. Cook for a total of 18 minutes, depending on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment